Friday

Pray your way through Advent - Love day 6

On the second week of Advent we light
the candle of Love





But I have trusted in your faithful love. My heart will rejoice in your salvation. (Psalm 13:5 CEB)


Today’s Thought: God’s answer to the oppression of His chosen people two thousand years ago is the same answer He gives to us today – Jesus!


Today’s Prayer: Timeless God, the days leading up to Jesus’s birth were full of oppression, turmoil, and injustice. Kind of like today. Your chosen people trusted You for hundreds of years to send a savior to rescue them from tyranny and persecution. You answered with the most amazing gift of love the world has ever known—Yourself, God in flesh, in the human form of a Baby. Only a handful of people rejoiced at that time, because they didn’t recognize Your love. But I do, Lord. I rejoice in Your salvation, for me and for the entire world. In this Advent season as I prepare to celebrate the birth of that holy Child, build in me an anticipation, an expectation of His return. I trust You to send Him in exactly the right time, because Your love is faithful and true. Amen.



Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!