Saturday

Pray your way through Advent - Love day 7

On the second week of Advent we light
the candle of Love




Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7, NIV)


Today’s Thought: Truly loving others in thought and deed is not easy! To love in a way that honors God requires His divine help.


Today’s Prayer: The minister read those words at my wedding, Lord. At the time I vowed to model the true nature of love not only in my marriage, but in every relationship. Now, years later, I realize how hard it really is to live that kind of love. Forgive me for the times I’ve been impatient; when I’ve allowed pride in my own accomplishments to overshadow my love for others; when I’ve flown off the handle in anger; when I’ve harbored bitterness instead of forgiveness. Teach me to love like You do, God, because I can’t do it without You. Amen.


Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!