Tuesday

Pray your way through Advent - Love day 3

On the second week of Advent we light
the candle of Love




“The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no greater commandment than these.” (Mark 12:31, NIV)


Today’s Thought: True love means recognizing that others are equally as important as ourselves, and putting that realization into action.


Today’s Prayer: Loving God, some people are difficult to be pleasant to, much less to love. Others are easy, and yet do I truly love even those people as much as I do myself? Sometimes I have an over-inflated opinion of my own importance. Forgive me for that, Lord. During this season when I look forward to celebrating the birth of Your Son, give me a deeper understanding of Your love for every person I encounter. Help me to take my focus off of myself and open my eyes to opportunities to meet the needs of others. Show me how to treat others in a way that demonstrates Your divine love. Amen


Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!