Monday

Pray your way through Advent - Love day 2

On the second week of Advent we light
the candle of Love






Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30, NIV)


Today’s Thought: True love means putting God first in my life, and completely devoting every part of my being to loving Him.


Today’s Prayer: Dear God, I love you so much—in theory. I say the words, “I love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength,” and I truly mean them. But the world presses in. My days are filled with activities, many of them performed in Your service. At the time of Jesus’ birth, the Jewish people performed burnt offerings and sacrifices, and thought they were loving you. Sometimes I go to bed at night and am ashamed at how few of my thoughts during the day have focused on You. Today and every day through this busy season, please teach me what it means to truly love you with every part of my being. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen




Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!