Sunday

Pray your way through Advent - Love day 1

On the second week of Advent we light

the candle of Love




“How great is the love the father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! …” (1 John 3:1a, NIV)


Today’s Thought: God sent His only begotten Son into the world to show all of humanity the way to become His children.


Today’s Prayer: God of Divine Love, today I am overcome with the enormity of Your love for me. When I look at my life, I see the many ways I fail to live up to the privilege of being Your child. But when You look at me, You see through eyes of pure love. Deep in my soul a question burns: how can that be? The answer lies at the end of this Advent season, for it is through Jesus that true love came into the world, and through Him I am drawn into Your family. I know there’s nothing I could ever do to deserve the honor of being Your child, but I’m not on my own. Jesus places His arm around me and pulls me into Your throne room, and presents me to You as one of His sheep. Because of Him, I am free to run to Your throne as Your own child. What an incredible thing! How can I spread this amazing gift of divine love? As each day of Advent passes, let Your love, the love of the Christ Child, grow and expand in me until it overflows into the world around me. Amen.




Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!