Saturday

Pray your way through Advent - Hope day 7

On the first Sunday of Advent we light
the candle of Hope




Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12, NIV)


Today’s Thought: God’s desire for me today is to experience His deep, abiding, energizing joy no matter what circumstances I find myself in.



Today’s Prayer: Dear Loving God, I’m not always joyful. In fact, sometimes I can be downright cranky. The stresses of the Christmas season often pull my attention away from the reason we celebrate. But You want me to be joyful, regardless of what’s going on around me. And how can I not be joyful when I have the certainty of eternity with You, thanks to the holy baby whose birth we will soon celebrate? Throughout this day, remind me to pray about every circumstance in which I find myself. Give me an extra portion of patience when I need it. Most of all, let me not forgot, for one moment, the hope I have in You because of Jesus Christ. Amen.





Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!