Friday

Pray your way through Advent - Hope day 6

On the first Sunday of Advent we light
the candle of Hope





…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31, NIV)


Today’s Thought: The hope of my relationship with Jesus is not an intangible, wishful feeling. The Lord offers true strength when I place my hope in Him.


Today’s Prayer: Dearest Lord, this season can become overwhelming. Christmas is weeks away and already I feel overwhelmed and exhausted when I think of all the things that need to be done. Gifts to purchase. Gatherings to plan. Family members to contact. Bills to be paid. (Always bills!) Today, help me to remember that my hope in You comes with a tangible benefit—strength and energy! Remind me all day long that You are always with me, that when I feel overwhelmed or tired, You step in and whisper, “It’s okay. Lean on me. I’ve got this.” I love you, Lord, and I gladly place my hope in you today. Amen





Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!