Wednesday

Pray your way through Advent - Hope day 4


On the first Sunday of Advent we light
the candle of Hope




You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. (Galatians 5:1-5, NIV)

Today’s Thought: I have nothing in myself that I can call righteous, but because of Jesus Christ I will be presented to God as righteous, clean, and without sin.

Today’s Prayer: Holy and Righteous God, I’m so aware that my efforts to be good and do good are pitiful and inadequate. Sometimes I do get things right, but even then, I’m not earning anything. Even when I follow all the rules, I’ll never be good enough to deserve your gift of eternal life. Jesus stepped into our fallen, human world to show me what true righteousness looks like, and to share His righteousness with me. It is because of His righteousness that I have hope for a life with you in this world and in the next. Let the enormity of that gift resonate in my soul today. Give me a fresh vision of the ultimate purpose of the Baby who was laid in that manger—to reconcile me, an imperfect person, to You, the perfect Creator of all things. Amen.





Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!