Tuesday

Pray your way through Advent - Hope day 3

On the first Sunday of Advent we light

the candle of Hope



Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. (Psalm 25:5, NIV)


Today’s Thought: Because of the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I can be certain that God will show me the way to go, and teach me how to stay on the path laid out for me.


Today’s Prayer: All-knowing God, how blessed I am to be Your child. Around me people struggle to know what to do when they’re faced with decisions. I confess that sometimes I struggle too. When I read Bible verses like this one, I realize that David, the psalmist and a man after your own heart, must have felt some of the same doubts. Yet he trusted You to lead him. He realized that his hope in You was the only sure way to be saved from the confusion this world presents. Because of Jesus Christ, I can share that same hope. Give me the certainty, Lord God, the unwavering trust that You have laid out the path of my life, and You will teach me how to walk that path. In Jesus’s name. Amen.





Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!