Monday

Pray your way through Advent - Hope day 2

On the first Sunday of Advent we light
the candle of Hope


But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” (Micah 7:7, NIV)


Today’s Thought: Regardless of my circumstances, and regardless of the intentions of those around me, God offers a hope that is unavailable anywhere else—the Almighty hears my prayers and acts on my behalf today and always.


Today’s Prayer: Lord God, in this Christmas season I tend to focus on the baby in the manger. As important as Your Son’s birth was in bringing hope to a dying world, sometimes I forget that You haven’t left us here alone. That holy Child grew, preached, loved, suffered, died, and rose from the dead to clear a path for Your Spirit to enter into every believer’s heart. Because of Jesus, I am not alone. You are God my Savior. You never leave me, and never turn a deaf ear to my prayers. When this world becomes overwhelming, help me to take courage in the certainty that You will come again. No matter what happens, I will place my hope in You. In the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.






Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!