Friday

What I Love About Christmas #3

Christmas is almost here! And today I'll tell you how my sister and I celebrate.

I love giving Ugly Ornaments to my sister. The tradition began many years ago as a joke. She had a “designer” tree, one that looked like it ought to be in a magazine. I found a really hideous fur-covered brown ball and hung it on the tree for her to find. A few days later at our family Christmas gathering I received an anonymous gift, and it was the ugliest ornament I’ve ever seen - a horribly tacky woman with glittery octopus legs. Also in the box was a note: “You realize that THIS MEANS WAR!” Each year we search high and low for the ugliest, tackiest Christmas ornament we can find, and exchange them on Christmas Eve.


How about you? Do you have any silly Christmas gift traditions? Leave a comment and tell me about it!



Note: This post first appeared at Marshall Bookswhen they featured a giveaway of A Goose Creek Christmas. Good folks over there. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!