Sunday

What I Love About Christmas #1

Christmas Eve has always been a magical time for me. Here's another thing I love about Christmas.

I love family traditions. My family gathers on Christmas Eve and have a huge feast. Most of us don’t exchange gifts anymore, but we all play the gift stealing game, and that can get heated at times. Then we go caroling at the local nursing home. What a joy to see my 5-yr-old grandson singing to elderly people who have no one to celebrate the holiday with. Then back to Grammy’s house, where we join hands around an angel-food cake with a candle and sing “Happy Birthday to Jesus.” There’s nothing like my family’s Christmas!

How about you? How will you spend Christmas Eve? Leave a comment and tell me about it!



Note: This post first appeared at Marshall Bookswhen they featured a giveaway of A Goose Creek Christmas. Good folks over there. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!