Wednesday

I'm Thankful For...

I know it's not Thanksgiving, but lately I've been thinking about being thankful. I have so much to thank God for! Of course, my list changes day-to-day, just like yours. But topping the list lately are:

1) My sister. We've been sharing the burden of caring for my dad in his last days for the past 5 weeks, and I can't tell you how much I've grown to respect her as a sister, a daughter, a mother, and a friend. What would I do without her? She is, frankly, awesome.

2) My work. Being an author is the best job in the world. I get to pour out my thoughts and feelings in a creative outlet, and other people are actually blessed by my stories! I'm not sure how that works, but I'm grateful it does. And not only that, but when my personal life is at its craziest, I always have my work to center me. I love having something wonderful and creative to focus on.

3) My husband and mom and daughter. Their support keeps me going.

4) Nurses and nurses' aides. These people are called to their professions, and their care is worth more than gold.

6) My friends. Gosh, what can I say about the people who rally around to support me - not because they know Daddy, but because they know and love me! It's awesome to have people like that in my life.

5) Chicken noodle soup. Yes, I mean it! When you're exhausted and hungry, homemade chicken noodle soup provides the comfort and nourishment you need. I'm totally into comfort food.

6) People who make chicken noodle soup, and bring it to those who need it. :-)

7) Massage therapists. Ahhhh.....

8) Chaplains.

9) Hyacinths. They really can freshen up a hospital room with a wonderful aroma.

10) My grandson. He is the happiest baby you've ever seen, and every picture of him shows a great big smile with incredibly cute dimples. There are pictures hanging in Daddy's room. A nurse in the hopsital told me the other day, "Every time I walk in this room I see that baby smiling, and I can't help but smile back."

It's good to count your blessing every now and then. Of course, I have TONS more blessings, but these are at the top of my list lately.