Thursday

Pray your way through Advent - Joy Day 5


The Candle of Joy – Day 5 - Thursday




The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.(Psalm 126:3 NIV)


Today’s Thought: If I concentrate on the things I lack, it’s easy to lose sight of the many things I have to rejoice over.

Today’s Prayer: Lord God, at times I’m too focused on the negative things in my life. Hurts inflicted on me by others. My failure to accomplish my goals. A long To-Do list with not enough check marks on it. Far-away loved ones I won’t see this Christmas. In the face of all that it’s easy to become overwhelmed and negative, and I forget to remember how blessed I am. Sometimes I feel like a child who opens a gift, exclaims over it, and then puts it aside to move on to the next. Lord, I want today to be different. Open my eyes to see the good things You’ve done in my life. Point out the blessings I usually overlook. Give me an attitude of gratitude, because only then will I be filled with joy. Amen

















Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!