Tuesday

Pray your way through Advent - Joy Day 3


The Candle of Joy – Day 3 - Tuesday




…in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. (1 Thessalonians 1:6b, NIV)


Today’s Thought: Joy is not the absence of suffering. I can experience the joy that comes from God no matter what I’m going through.


Today’s Prayer: Generous God, I don’t understand how someone can feel joy in the midst of severe suffering. The first part of this verse doesn’t make sense to my human mind. Then I read the last words – given by the Holy Spirit. Joy isn’t something I can attain on my own. It isn’t a result of happy times, or a stress-free life. Joy is a gift given by Your Spirit regardless of my circumstances. I want more of that divine gift! Today help me to look deeper than my surroundings. As I face whatever today will bring, teach me to draw strength from the unfathomable, abiding joy that comes only from You. Amen.















Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!