Monday

Pray your Way through Advent - Joy Day 2

The Candle of Joy - Day 2 – Monday




And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people…and suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God... (Luke 2:9-10, 13 KJV)


Today’s Thought: The good news of the birth of our Savior comes with joy for every person ever born on this earth.


Today’s Prayer: Lord God, what must it have been like for those shepherds out in the field when Your glory burst through the night sky? If I close my eyes I can almost see the brilliance of a multitude of angels singing for joy at the birth of the long-awaited Savior. What glorious news! Fill me with the same joy the shepherds must have felt when they realized what was happening. And give me courage to do as they did—to look for Jesus, to see Him with my own eyes, and then to spread the good news of great joy that our Savior has come. Amen.















Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!