Saturday

Typing The End

There are fewer things more satisfying to a writer than typing The End on a manuscript. Well, okay, getting a box of her latest books is even better, but finishing the first draft of a book is pretty awesome. 


So far 2021 has been stellar for me in terms of that kind of awesomeness. In January I finished a book called Raised for a Purpose: Talia's Story. That one is Biblical fiction about the daughter of Jairus, the 12-yr-old girl who Jesus raised from the dead. (See Mark 5:21-24 and 5:35-43). That book will be published by Guideposts as part of their Ordinary Women of the Bible series. This is my second Biblical fiction novel (third if you count The Days of Noah, which is sci-fi/fantasy!) and I've discovered that I really enjoy researching ancient history to make the story come alive for modern readers. 


Then in February I wrote a book that I'm calling Cold Blooded Murder. The title will probably change (yeah, publishers do that). This book will be #10 in the Annie's Sweet Intrigue series. I've written #2 and #5 in the series already. (Check out Burning Danger! I *love* the cover!) While writing for this series I've gotten to write some exciting plotlines I've never done before. Forest rangers and arson (SI #2). Corporate espionage (SI #5). And now (Si #10) a cold case! The crime takes place 25 years before the story opens. What a challenge to keep the tension building!


And finally, The Last Easter Egg went up on sale. This is an illustrated children's book, an Easter story, and will be released on March 8, just in time for Easter. The book is available to pre-order now. This story is one I've hoped to release for about 10 years, since The Last Christmas Cookie came out. Patrick Carlson's illustrations are amazing, and I think the story is fun!

I hope your 2021 is turning out to be as awesome as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!