Friday

Embrace Your Inner Cowboy!

We're currently in the last few weeks before the official release of the third and final installment in the Amish of Apple Grove series, A Cowboy at Heart. To help celebrate, our publisher is giving away a Kindle Fire, along with copies of the books by me and Lori Copeland. Click here for details on entering.

Sometimes you have to embrace your inner cowboy . . . or cowgirl, just like Velma G.

“When my husband suggested that we move to rural West Virginia, I thought he was crazy. We have always lived in an urban city and enjoyed the night life -- Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia Beach. But I could see the compassion in his face -- his eyes when he spoke of moving. So I thought, ‘What do I have to lose?’ We have been here for seven years, and now I know why my husband loves this life. I see why he loves riding the neighbor’s horses, why he loves roasting marshmallows outside on an autumn night -- why he loves going on a camping trip with a moment’s notice. I also know why he has purchased our retirement home and trailer. Until he was seven, he lived on a farm/ranch. He says he has never lost that love. He is now reliving all those memories, and I love being with him while he does it. I love my Stetson-hat-jean-and-boot-wearing hubby and I wouldn't have it any other way.”