Friday

Running with Tunes!

Disney's Princess 5k/half marathon is in just 58 days, and I'm cranking up my training program. Today I ran/walked (more walked than ran) 2 miles in 24 minutes. Yep, that's a twelve minute mile! Not bad for someone who had ankle surgery 5 months ago. Though I do admit that my ankle is throbbing at the moment. Still, that's what ice is for, right?

For Christmas, my daughter-in-law Amy made me this awesome shirt. I love it! Just putting it on motivates me. And I think I found my happy pace today. Now I just need to add distance while maintaining the pace. Easier said than done, but I've learned a motivation trick: music. I filled my iPhone with upbeat songs that get my blood pumping and keep my legs moving. It's a quirky list, and shows my age.

Long Train Runnin', The Doobie Brothers
Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf
Move, from MercyMe
Live Out Loud, Stephen Curtis Chapman
Takin' it to the Streets, The Doobie Brothers
Blessed Be Your Name, Newsboys
Dive, Stephen Curtis Chapman
Gonna Fly Now, from Rocky
China Grove, The Doobie Brothers
Eye of the Tiger, from Rocky IV
Rockin' Down the Highway, The Doobie Brothers
Me Without You, TobyMac
Born to Run, Springsteen
Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd

I'm telling you, I had a hard time not singing as I ran!

What's on your playlist? Also, if you have any training tips, I'd love to hear them.