Monday

Cinderella's Happy Ending?

In my morning devotional time I'm going through Beth Moore's Breaking Free. I came across a section this morning that made me laugh, and I wanted to share it.

The enemy is an expert archer with lots of practice aiming fiery darts. For women often the bulls-eye is childhood dreams or expectations. We grew up believing in Cinderella, yet some uf us feel as if our palace turned out to be a duplex, our prince turned out to be a frog, and the wicked stepmother turned out to be our mother-in-law. Our fairy godmother apparently lost our address. Anyway, what we'd like to do to her with that wand of hers might not be pretty.


Ha ha! Of course, after I finished chuckling, I re-read the passage and realized how true it is. Not, in my case, with my prince charming. Ted truly is a prince, and my mother-in-law was a sweet lady. But it is so true that our girlhood wishes often don't come true. Or if they do, they end up looking so different from what we expected that we don't recognize them.

Thank goodness we have a promised Bridegroom who is everything we've ever dreamed of and more. He's no frog, folks. He's the King of Kings! He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us, and that place is better than the most exquisite palace we dreamed of as children. And when our stories end, we'll experience the absolute truth of the age-old fairy tale ending:

And they all lived happily ever after.