Thursday

Shining Stars

If you watch my Journal closely...well, then you're probably pretty bored most of the time. I confess that I'm a TERRIBLE blogger! Seems when I have a list of things to accomplish for the day, writing a Journal update falls consistently to the bottom of the list. That's what has happened lately.

Between book releases (Lost Melody by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith is now available!) and children's book events (The Last Christmas Cookie, my first illustrated children's book, is also now available!) and working on two more books that are due soon, I've stayed really busy! But I'm never too busy for my morning Bible reading and prayer. In fact, I've discovered when I start the day right, the rest goes smoothly.

This morning I read a verse in Philippians that jumped out at me.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life." (Philippians 2:14-16)

We're all busy people, and in the midst of our busy-ness it's easy to become self focused. Sometimes I need to be reminded of the REAL work, the work that matters. God has given me the word of life, and He expects me to let that word shine like a star in a dark sky, to hold it out so that others can see it. THAT's the most important work I do.

I needed that reminder this morning.