Thursday

Things I Love About Christmas - Music

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!" Yes, it is, and for me, a big part of the delight is the music! When else do I get to put on a CD and listen to it over and over and over? If I try to do that throughout the year, my husband gets snippy and makes me turn it off. (At Christmastime, he just rolls his eyes and leaves the room. LOL!) My radio is tuned to a local station that plays nothing but Christmas music from Thanksgiving day through Christmas. I love hearing my old favorites, and new ones, too.



What do I have on my iPod these days? Amy Grant's Christmas CDs -- three of them! Her first Christmas album was called, simply, "A Christmas Album," and it's one of my favorites. I love the first song, "Tennessee Christmas," and "Heirlooms" is one of my all-time favs. I also have her album, "Home for Christmas," which has some awesome songs. But I think my favorite is Amy's version of "Welcome to Our World," from her "A Christmas to Remember" CD.



Also on my iPod is Point of Grace's album, "A Christmas Story." Those ladies have an incredible blend! I love "When Love Came Down," and I get chills every time I hear, "One King." Awesome song.



It would not be Christmas without music from Manheim Steamroller, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's version of "Carol of the Bells" is incredible.



Who can fail to smile when the Chipmunks beg Christmas not to be late? Or when Elmo and Patsy lament, "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"??? I just love it!


Of course, nothing beats the songs sung by beloved voices. One of my favorite Christmas traditions is caroling with my family on Christmas Eve. My sister and I harmonize. You should hear us on, "Angels We Have Heard On High"!


I hope you're enjoying some awesome Christmas music this season. What's your favorite?


P.S. I don't want you to miss my Christmas greeting video, so I'm repeating it here. It's short - only 20 seconds or so. MERRY CHRISTMAS!