Thursday

Inspired - YEAH!

Last Sunday, a church in Lexington, Kentucky hosted a special speaker. My stepson and daughter-in-law attend that church regularly, and they called in the afternoon to tell us, "We're bringing a video for you to watch. This guy is amazing. In the second service alone, 300 people gave their lives to Christ."


The speaker was a man named NickVujicic. I'd never heard of him, so it was something of a surprise when I saw the cover of the video. Nick's ministry is called Life Without Limbs which is appropriate because Nick was born with no arms and no legs. His story is inspiring for several reasons. First, because he obviously doesn't consider himself disabled. The man swims and boats and, basically, does whatever he wants because he refuses to accept the physical limits that some would buckle under.


But the Verve (which is the title of the DVD I watched) with which Nick approaches life is only a small part of what I found inspiring. And I don't think that's what sent 300 people down the aisle to accept the Savior. You see, Nick has found his mission in life, and that is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ openly, freely, unashamedly, loudly, and without compromise. His message that God has a plan for each one of us has such impact, perhaps, because he delivers it while perched atop a table on a stage, emphasizing his points with his shoulders where others might use hands. But listening to his enthusiasm, his passion, I knew he would be just as enthusiastic, just as persuasive, if he had arms and legs.


By the conclusion of his talk, I was envious of this man without limbs. He's not disabled - I am. Why else am I not putting myself out there like he is, shouting at the top of my lungs to a lost and dying world that Jesus offers the life they long for?


Here's a short video of Nick. Prepare to be inspired!