Monday

Pray your Way through Advent - Peace Day 2


The Candle of Peace – Day 2 - Monday




Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7 NLT)


Today’s Thought: The peace God gives me isn’t something I can attain by accomplishing my goals. It comes because Jesus lives in me.


Today’s Prayer:  Lord, as Christmas approaches my anticipation mounts. Most of the gifts have been bought. (I do have that one last thing to pick up!) My menus are planned. Some of the get-togethers are behind me and the ones that haven’t occurred yet are going to be fun. So…why don’t I feel peaceful? At times I want to get this holiday over with so I can relax. My mind circles around the things I haven’t done yet, and the short time I have to do them. And when Christmas is behind me, I’ll have other worries. God, when I get caught up in the whirlwind of worries and thoughts, please help me. Remind me of this verse, and of all You have done for me. Your ear is never closed to me  I can tell you what I need, and trust that You hear me. God, I want to experience Your peace, the kind that I can never achieve by checking all the items off my To Do list. The kind of peace that guards my heart and mind because Jesus lives in me, and I in him. Amen.





Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!