Sunday

Pray your way through Advent - Hope Day 1


On the first Sunday of Advent we light
the candle of Hope


Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” (Psalm 31:24, NIV)



Today’s Thought: Though the world around us is full of turmoil, our hope in God strengthens us and enables us to face each day without fear.



Today’s Prayer: Merciful God, the world was a mess for centuries before Jesus’s birth, and often today it seems an even bigger mess. The daily news is full of tragedy, sorrow, wars, and fighting. Innocent people are abused and mistreated. Even in our families, we face conflict and strife. When I consider the path down which humanity is heading, I admit at times I am tempted to despair. But then I remember You. It is only in You that I find hope for the future. When my surroundings become daunting, redirect my thoughts to the promise of Your mercy, the power of your presence, and the hope that was realized when You sent your Son into the world to rescue me and all who call upon His Name. In that precious Name, and in the hope of His return, I pray. Amen.






Copyright © 2018 by Virginia Smith. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!