Wednesday

Let there be peace

I've avoided using my Facebook page or my blog to make any political statements, because I didn't want them to become a battleground. That is still my wish. My prayer is that today we can begin to heal the bitter wounds caused by the heated arguments that have affected us all.

Regardless of whether or not your favorite candidate won, a bible verse comes to mind this morning. Romans 13:1. "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

My sister Beth Waits Marlowe wrote a profound post on her Facebook  page yesterday, and I share it with you in hopes that we can join together to cover our leaders with prayer support.

"I hope that tonight we can all come together and support our new president. I feel quite strongly that praying for someone is much more effective than spewing disappointment, fear and negativity. I don't care for either candidate but one of them will be our president and they will have my prayer support. I hope that others who believe the same as I do will choose that path as well.."

Peace, friends. Let there be peace among us.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!