Monday

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I took a day off of training for the Disney Princess Run today to shovel snow. For the past few weeks our city has been innundated with horrible smog, so much that we haven't been able to see the sky, and everyone stays indoors so they don't have to breathe the nasty air. But yesterday the weather cooperated and a storm blew through the area, dumping snow everywhere and clearing out the air. I awoke this morning to find everything covered in about 8 inches of fresh powder. Of course, one of the responsibilities of home ownership is shoveling, which my husband normally handles. But he was busy this morning, so guess who had to do it?
 
You know what? It was actually kind of fun. The sun was shining, and the air so clear! The sound of scraping snow shovels echoed all up and down the streets as neighbors worked to clear our driveways and sidewalks. I shoveled the walkway to my front door, and got the driveway clear enough for 2 cars to get out. I admit I was starting to get a little tired of the work, and my shoulders were starting to ache, and I was looking at all the snow I still had yet to shovel.

That's when my favorite neighbor arrived. His garage door opened and I heard the sound of an engine powering up. The next thing I knew, here came my rescuer, charging out of the garage on his white horse ... uh, I mean pushing his snowblower. He finished off my sidewalks and driveway within minutes, and then proceeded to clear the sidewalks all up and down our block.

Now, that's what I call a good neighbor. Thanks, Ken!