Thursday

Kentucky Rain Keeps Comin' Down

Elvis had it right. Seems like I've been walking in rain for days and days, "...walking through, with the rain in my shoes." Literally. Yesterday Mom and I splashed through parking lot puddles and got rain in our shoes. Yuck.

Today as I stared at the gloomy sky and wet grass outside my office window, that song kept going through my mind. I was even inspired to write a poem for my Facebook wall. I know you'll appreciate this:



Rain, rain, go away.
Descend upon the west today.
The streams in the east are up to my head.
Please bless my dry western friends instead.

Yes, that's right, folks. A Ginny Smith original poem, right here for your reading pleasure. Please try to contain youselves.

There is a bright spot in the forecast, though. Take a look:




Friday's the day to look forward to! I know it's probably weird, but when I saw that bright sunshine in an otherwise dismal forecast, I thought of a Scripture verse.




For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. (1 Cor 4:6)


You know what? It might be dark and gloomy outside, but in my heart, it's Friday!