Thursday

Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving! I firmly believe that thankfulness isn't something we should focus on once a year. Every day in my morning bible study and prayer time I thank the Lord for so many of the blessings with which He's showered me. Focusing on my gratitude first thing in the morning establishes my mood for the day. Thankfulness is not just a feeling – it’s a lifestyle.

However, since it’s apropos for the day, I’d like to list a few things for which I’m particularly thankful on this day of Thanksgiving.




  • I’m so thankful for my family. I think God picked us out individually and put us together. In some cases He selected personalities that don’t mesh with each other easily, but He based our family on a deep and abiding love, so it works.


    I’m thankful for my country. Yeah, it has problems, and I don’t agree with every decision the government makes, but I’m still thankful to live here.


    I’m thankful for my friends. They are from all over the world, and they have many different temperaments, lifestyles, likes, dislikes, and personalities. Every one is precious to me.


    I’m thankful for my job. Do you know how many people are miserable in their work? I love my work. Sometimes I can’t believe how lucky I am to be able to devote my time and energy to doing something that gives me such satisfaction, and that touches other peoples’ lives, and that makes an impact with some lasting value.


    I’m thankful for health. I’m so very aware that this is not a blessing everyone enjoys.



    I’m thankful for that I have a home. Many people don’t. Sometimes it’s because of their own poor choices, and other times it’s because of circumstances beyond their control. Regardless of the reason, my heart goes out to them, and my prayers go to the Father on their behalf.


    I’m thankful for the Internet. No, really! That’s how I research stuff for my books, and it’s how I stay in touch with so many people who don’t live near me. And some who do!


    Finally, I’m thankful for the life Jesus died to give me – both in this world, and in eternity.


Have a blessed, thankful day, my friends!