Sunday

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe


Oh no. I'm in trouble now.

If you read my review of our recent cruise, you know I enjoyed a certain dessert waaaaayyyyy too much. It was called Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, and it was yummy. I'm talking really delicious. Sinful, even. One of those taste sensations that people could write songs about.

Well, guess what? I found the receipe on the Internet. I don't know what made me search for it, when I should have been working on my new book, but I was surprised to find the recipe on several websites. One even had a picture. This is exactly how they served it on the Carnival Legend, and the receipes I found say this is the original Carnival recipe. (Of course, it's been scaled down from the original, which served 800 instead of 8!)

I want to say I won't make it at home. Unfortunately, it looks amazingly simple to make. So I might just have to give it a try. And if it turns out well, it could become a new Christmas tradition at our house. (And a Thanksgiving tradition. And a New Year's tradition. And a Valentine's Day tradition. And... you get the point.)

WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE
From Carnival Cruise Lines

8 ounces of semisweet chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
7 eggs, divided use
6 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of flour

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt the chocolate and butter and cool for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix four eggs with sugar. Whisk. Then add flour and whisk. Add the remaining three eggs and add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture. Pour this entire mixture into 8 individual ramekins. Bake until just done, about 15-20 minutes (interior will be melting). Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Makes 8 servings.

Approximate nutritional values per serving: 460 calories (64.7 percent calories from fat), 8 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 27 g sugar, 2 g dietary fiber, 35 g fat, 250 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium.

If you try this recipe, send me a note and let me know how it turns out!