Monday

Book Review- The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn


The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn
By Liz Johnson


Kenzie Thorn is the granddaughter of the governor, and a teacher in a trial program that offers GED instruction in one of the state's prisons. Myles Parsons is the handsome new convict in her class ... or is he? Take nothing for granted in The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn. We learn that Myles is really an undercover FBI agent trying to protect her. But poor Kenzie doesn't realize that when Myles kidnaps her. Once he finally convinces her that he means her no harm (quite the contrary - he’s as attracted to her as she is to him), they must work together to discover who wants her dead.


When I finished this book, I was surprised to learn that this is Liz Johnson’s first novel. The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn is a well-defined mystery that kept me guessing. Just when I thought I had things figured out, the author threw in surprise. And then another. The suspense draws out in a way that made me want to keep turning pages. And the romance… ah! I could see Myles’ piercing blue eyes and feel the love that grew between he and Kenzie.