Thursday

Jesus for President!

Everywhere I go these days people are campaigning for some political candidate or other – Bowers for Mayor, Williams for District Judge, Sutton for City Council. The messages are on tee-shirts, campaign buttons, billboards, yard signs—especially yard signs. When I walk to the end of the driveway to get the newspaper each morning, my neighbors’ choices for president are proudly displayed in signs up and down the street. Seems everybody is “out there” with their political stances and they’re eager to tell everyone else who they think should be put in charge. And of course, they’re displaying these signs because they hope to convince others to choose their candidate, too.


Wouldn’t it be nice if we were all that eager to promote the One we’ve elected to rule our lives?


And why aren’t we? The decision to place Jesus in the position of Lord of my life was the single most important choice I will ever make. It was a personal decision, but that doesn’t mean I’m supposed to keep it to myself. When I joined Jesus’ camp, I joined His campaign committee. I work for Him, and my job is to spread the good news that He’s the best leader, the best decision maker, the best battle commander, the best… well, He’s simply the best!


We know one thing those people in the other camp don’t know – when Jesus sits on the throne, peace truly reigns. Wouldn’t it be cool if that was true in every heart across the globe?


So, I say let’s hit the campaign trail! I’ve got my button, my bumper sticker, and my yard sign – do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!